Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Umakanth   09 May 2023

Property dispute

Respected Sir,

My maternal grandfather is from Hyderabad, Telangana.Having four daughters and two sons. After he expired his two sons called their four sisters including my mother for property distribution. My maternal grandfather left no will regarding the property. But his sons took the signatures of four sisters on some documents written in English which four ladies don't even know what was written in the document. Their brothers have given just some five lakh rupees as a fixed deposit to each sister and some wasteland which costs below fifty thousand to each sister. But those ladies did not know that the land cost is very cheap and it's waste also. Now they realized that the property costs around 8 crores and they got just a partition below 6 lakhs. They wanted to claim their legal partition. What action can they take.... please suggest


 7 Replies

Shashi Dhara   09 May 2023

Issue legal notice  and file for partition in civil court.

Umakanth   09 May 2023

Yes but my mother signed on some documents and she don't know what's written in that 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 May 2023

The 1st query and the 2nd query are not relevent.

Umakanth   09 May 2023

My mother is one of the four sisters sir

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 May 2023

Your mother's brother's act of taking signatures   from your mother and her sisters on some papers will not confer title to her brothers.

Your mother can file a suit for partition and can claim her legitimate share in all the propertioes of her father as a right.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 May 2023

What are those documents signed by your mother and her sisters as stated by you ?

However, obtaining signature on such document (which either you are not aware or concealed) do not affect title, claim and interest of the ladies in their ancestral instate properties.

It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding

Umakanth   10 May 2023

Sir my mother and her sisters don't even know what are those documents... Actually that's my concern

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register