Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Gowda   04 July 2022

Property dispute

My Grand father had a property , after death of my grandfather. My father along with his 2 brothers executed a release deed out of which my father got 4 items. My father died 12 years back and I had a brother who passed away 2 years back survived by wife and a daughter. After the death of my brother my sister in law started threatening us for her husbands share and asking share in all the properties though we have not denied but she is asking more than 1/3 share. Out of 4 items my father received one item when my father was alive in the remaining 3 items. 1 item is was under severe dispute I had to fight in courts and went into settlement and paid my own money for all the legal expense and settlement. My brother has not contributed anything since he was not working. Will courts consider this ?. Does my mother does not have any right in this property. If so can my mother gift deed her share to me when she is alive. I am asking this because my sister in law and his father is not moving to court, they are waiting for something to happen to my mother so they can claim half of the share in the property. I am taking care of my Mom now. They left the house after my brothers death and worried only about property. My mom health is not so good and I am not yet married. They are taking advantage of this situation. I am need of money due to some personal obligations. The bank won't give loan because their is no registered title deed. Only the Khatha is my moms name. I am not able get the property Regiatered because my sister in law can cause dispute anytime. Can anyone give me a solution for this 


 6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 July 2022

partition deed for a property is executed to divide the property among different people - usually among the family members. A partition is a division of a property held jointly by several persons, so that each person gets a share and becomes the owner of the share allotted to him.27-Jan-2013

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 July 2022

Who is in possession of property now?

File a suit for partition through a local advocate and get judgment on such shares if you want a final and valid title.

Deepak Gowda   05 July 2022

I am in possession. Can my mom gift deed her share of property 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 July 2022

Yes.  If the property was already divided into metes and bounds to the extent of her share with such boundaries, she can gift her share to anyone she likes as it is deemed that it is her self-acquired property.

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 July 2022

The facts posted are too complex and also, vague. No meaningful suggestion is possible unless the documents are perused and facts ascertained.

How to World   03 August 2022

Thanks you for the legal advice. read full report

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query