LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shilpashetty (Shop Owner)     05 June 2014

Property developer cheating and deducting heavy amount plot

Property developer cheating and deducting heavy amount on plot which is not authorized for loan

I have approached a well know property developer to buy a A katha plot and paid 20,000 Rs to the property document for verification. I have paid the amount 20,0000/- through cheque.  I went to bank and verified that they are rejected due to 3 issues (1) that is not a A katha and (2) In though it is B katha they are not providing due to some documents are not available (3)This was observed by me … the Property was given my property owner  mother, this property was taken after her husband death. My understanding it was supposed to divided amount son’s and daughter’s. But  the mother divided only to son’s.

By knowing this I have emailed that I will not going to buy the property if  don’t get loan and if any legal obligations. After 5 mails the developer called and said to collect money. But he paid only 10,000/- and even didn’t give me the slip which he wrote 20,000/-. He told he will pay another 10,000/- later but the same day he called and said he will not pay any more amount. Kindly suggest what I should do now.

Should I approach consumer court?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 June 2014

You can approach consumer forum immediately with all documents as evidence before going to fourm arrange to send a legal notice with all details.

shilpashetty (Shop Owner)     07 June 2014

Thanks ramachary. I have Xerox copy of the paid amount slip and bank records of the 20,000 paid and property Xerox copy. I don't have the original receipt. I have proof of sending the mails (but I didn't get response from them). Is this sufficient for me to fight case?. I have already sent the notice asking them to pay for 15 days. When can I file case in consumer court. is it after 30 days?

shilpashetty (Shop Owner)     18 July 2014

Thanks ramachary, After sending the legal notice I got the money back. Thanks for you advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register