LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (IT)     01 November 2012

Property claims after divorce / annulment?


I am about to approach court for annulment of my marriage. However, what really concerns me more is the only house (property) my father has self-acquired.

Can my wife(now) claim share in the house that is self-acquired by my Father? This house is owner and is in his name. This house is not something that he has received from his parents etc.. It is his hard earned property. 

It (this house) is not even in my name. Can she claim any share at all in his property?



 2 Replies

Ashimta Lekhi Malhotra (Independent Lawyer)     02 November 2012

She cannot claim any share in the property of your father.

ravi (Employee)     06 November 2012

Hi, I need your advise,


I am married and have a kid, my wife conduct is not good and she is mentally torturing me and blackmails me for false harrasement case, I have decided to divorse after giving her chance for 13  times, if i divorse can i expect my kid to take care from my side, how court decides, and how about my father property,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query