LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohsin Ali   12 August 2015

Property case

My dear advocates My younger brother has purchased a land ftom its owner in 2008 sale deed has been done through its legal owner now a person has came to me while constructing the building and stoped it by saying that he has agreement from its legal owner in 2006 and it is made by the owner and mentioned in the agreement that thepurchaser has to pay half amount within aperiod of 8 days and remaining should be paid after 2 months the purchaser has failed to pay the half and remaining amount till now and he us saying that give me 2 lakh rupees otherwise i will file a case aginst you now i want to know on that agreement he is able to file a case against us or not plz reply i am in trouble thanks

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     12 August 2015

if the said conditions hasnt been adhered by the purchaser within the mentioned time limit then the sale agreement is rendered to be void.anyhow lodge a police com[plaint on him

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 August 2015

That is mere threat. In that  transaction you are never a party.  Let him file a specific performance suit against seller, which has to be dismissed ultimately.

Issue him a lawyer notice not to disturb you with such threats and black mailing.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     17 August 2015

If the sale deed is registered in favour of the purchaser you have nothing to be worried for.  If any body threats you then you can lodge a complaint in writing against him in the local Police Station  ' threat for extorting money' which is a criminal offense.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 August 2015

The property has been purchased by executing a registered sale deed in your brother's favor, right?, if that is the case the stranger's claim on the basis of a sale agreement made way back in the year 2006, which is actually barred bylimitation now, will not bind  you, he can make any calim with the previous vendoralone and not with you, he can inplead you as aparty to the suit, proposed to file if any. 

If he still tortures or insists on his demand for money, you may lodge a complaint with the police for his illegal extortion. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More