Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Savio DCunha (AM)     26 April 2014

Property case

Dear Sir,

My sister and I informally partitioned the house that my mother had purchase. My mother died 18th years ago.

My father father died 13 years ago.

We partitioned the house informally around end 2002- beginning 2003.

The house in question is a row house. It is ground plus one.

My sister occupies the upper floor and I occupy the lower floor.

Would like to avail of legal service to make the partition a formal partition to avoid and further disputes.

Request advocate to suggest if he/she would consider the case.

Learning

12 Replies

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     27 April 2014

You can execute registered partition deed.. Or one of you file suit for partition and other side give consent for partition and get the decree of partition from the court...

You can execute registered partition deed.. Or one of you file suit for partition and other side give consent for partition and get the decree of partition from the court...

Wrongly repeated...

Adv. Santosh Yadav (Advocate/Lawyer)     27 April 2014

both of you can execute registered partition deed.

going for suit for partition will make you 2% fees more particulary mentioned as court fees

and laywer fees will be different from the court fees and this will take long procedure.

Since both of you are ready to part with the property than you should decide mutuallly and register the partition

deed

Subash M R (Advocate)     27 April 2014

You can enter into family partition deed and get it registered in concerned sub registrar office.

Thanking you,

Subash.M.R.Advocate 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 April 2014

execute a registered partition deed by properly demarcating the boundaries and extent of the properties between you both and this registered deed will become the title deed to your respective properties.

L. G. (Partner)     28 April 2014

You and your sister have already arrived at agreement and partitioned the property.  Now both of you should get drafted a family settlement by an advocate in which you should record the factum of already arrived agreement of partition of the property and get it registered with the Sub-Registrar in whose jurisdiction the property falls.  This will help you in following manner:

1.        You will save the stamp duty charges as recording of family settlement do not require stamp duty.

2.        You will save court fee and lawyers fee by not approaching the court for partition.

3.        You will save time.  Registered Family Settlement shall give both of you legal title to the property. 

Ambikapathy (Reseach Assistant)     18 May 2014

My grand mother divided her gold among her two daughter (my mom and her sister). After the dead of my grand mother (in the year 2003) my mom told her sister that she needs her share. My mom's sister ask her to take later as she is busy. Last month my grand father dead , my mom asked the same (gold) from her sister.  My aunty (mom's sister) is telling she is not having anything with her and not giving anything to my mom.

Need a urgent suggestion to solve this issue as my mom is a asthma patient.

Will be greatful if someone help me out.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register