LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand (Engineer)     09 March 2011

Property buying-Please advice

Hi,I am planning to purchase a vaccant site.I have a question on the succession report & Probate.The seller has filed a petition for grant of probate of the will and issuing Succession certificate.The father has excuted the will in favour of first son where as he has not mentioned anything about second son & daughter.The court judgment has come in favour of first son for issuing the probate but it has not granted Succession certificate since the second son and daughter was not present.I am talking to the first son who has all the original documents as per will having the rights to the property.In this case will there be any problem if I purchase this property like in future whether the second son and the daughter can claim on this property?Also in the sub register office,there is one more name appearing along with the first son's name?Is there any problem in going with this property?Please advice.


 2 Replies

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     11 March 2011

You can register from first son.  If you (and he) like you cand register ratification deed from second son.

Anand (Engineer)     11 March 2011

Thanks for the reply.
1.In case the second son does not co-operate / not ready to sign any document or deed then what should I do?2.Also the sub-register says I need to give the undertaking letter to him stating the that I will take care of the issues raising from the frist son or the person's name appearing in addition to the first son(may be second son) and in case of any dispute the sub-register can cancel the "Patta" tansfer.Is that OK since the first son only has all the tax paid and as per will the owner etc.,?

3.Please tell me the procedure for your solution. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register