LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shiv Kumar (Software Developer)     14 April 2011

Property bought using other's money

Mr. A bought a property and registered that in his second wife's name. The money fro which came from his first wife death benefit. Can a case be filed in this case to regain the property?


 2 Replies


I have a similar situation.

Wife and I gave cash to FIL( Wifes father). FIL took the money to purchase property on his name. Said that half the property is for us.

How can I claim ownership of property or ask for my money back. Property value has appreciated. 

ravisankar (advocate)     14 April 2011

Yes, you can file suit to declare that the property is absolutely belonged to you.  It is a benami transaction, wife is just a name lender.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register