Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

simran shah (homemaker)     21 June 2011

Property and wealth issue

Hi,

I have a question in my mind though we have hired a lawyer but then too wanted to check th procedure for petition file in high court... case is all about...

My father in law died without a WILL...my mother in law is acting very much weired as she has never seen this much wealth so she has almost forgotten her son also... yeah but she is close to her daughter and possibly she is telling her to do......she is married and well settled in abroad.

Now according to hindu laws is married daughters get something in fathers property or wealth and as per law my mother in law has just 50%share in everything and she cant decide on her husband's wealth as she has never earned anything...we have filed a case in high court for heirship as my husband is taking care of everything all bils and expenses.....

I ust wanted to check what is the procedure for heirship and how long it takes????

Thanks....

Learning

3 Replies

sumana (practice)     22 June 2011

married daughters have got the right to their fathers property as well as their mothers property. so you cannot oust your sister in law from the line of heirship. Everybody has got equal share your fahter in laws property.

simran shah (homemaker)     27 June 2011

I do understand but not on cost of entire rights of son...please read this and then revert

My Husband and myself helped my sister in law to get married to a US Citizen...my father in law was against but we convinced him....now my father in law is no more and have died without a will...when he died my sister in law was just married according to hindu style (yeah but have not registered in India) marriage is registered in US... and she realised that her father has lots of money so she can have all of them so gradually slowly she is brainstorming my mother in law and saying that even i want to keep some wealth in india and my mother in law is like behind her daughter, she has alsmost forgotten her son....she hardly talks to my husband and for 2 to 3 hrs she talks to her daughter she has transfered more than half of the amount to her daughter and she has tried her best to give some of our amount also to her .....imagine which son and daughter in law will like this...i dont understand is she(sister in law) is going to come when my mother in law will be bed ridden....and moreover her husband is not working why she needs so much of money...infact we have put up a case also in high court against both of them....can anyone tell me can i file a complain against her so that her GC process should be stop as its been two yrs she is married i am not much aware of US laws.....pls help or advice

simran shah (homemaker)     27 June 2011

and on top of that...our lawyer was saying.....i have seen first case wherein son is fighting for his rights....till date only daughters were asking some amount on dad's wealth....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register