New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sumit (iand)     09 January 2014


I have a property . The property or Lands which is Rock mines and it comes under Government . So i want back my property. So how can i get my property back out of Government????


Reason :Property is not on highway but just nearby it touching the highway. The Property goes under the government when the highway construction work is going on and the work is stopped about 15 to 20 year and then it goes inside Government.


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 January 2014

Under the new legislation, compensation for the owners of the acquired land will be four times the market value in rural areas and twice in urban areas. It also stipulates that the land cannot be vacated until the entire compensation is awarded to the affected parties.

SKapoor_Lawkonect (Lawyer)     09 January 2014

Hi, Sumit if a property has been acquired by the government for any purpose (in your case for mining or quarrying) and a notification to that effect has been sent to you, all you may get is a hearing in front of the officials about the compensation or object to the acquisition though it is on the discretion of authorities to accept or reject your objection. Whatsoever the case may be in light of the provisions of the Land Acquisition Act, 2013 recently incorporated by the government you can get a better compensation which is four times the market value in rural areas and twice the market value in urban areas. You shall also be clear about your rights under this new Act and it is not mandatory for you to vacate the land unless the entire compensation amount has been awarded by the Government to you.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads