LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lota (housewife)     03 April 2013

Property

Hello, I heard there will be a law under which wife can claim 50% of husband's property acquired after marriage?When will it come to existence? I have said my story in my previous threads.Can I ask for 50% of property now?So that I get a permanent house to live in and some maintenance? I am searching a job but unable to find one because of long gap.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

The law is in draft form,so No is the answer.But the law will also likely provide for Divorce after 3 years of separation.So a lot of men are waiting for that.

stanley (Freedom)     03 April 2013

For this law to come into existence it would take a long long time .Maybe the 2014 elections can spur such an activity to Garner support in order to introduce such a law .Which can be done  by attracting a particular section of the society in order to get a favourable status of their vote bank :-) .

Now days as we see how we are made fools prices of petrol / Diesel / cooking Gas are raised by Rs 5 and than we have bandh's / strikes and at a later date the price is reduced by  Rs 1 or so in the hiked price and the public are made fools  . The very slogan off the people for the people by the people has been lost over the years .

Since than a demand would come from the employees to get 50 percent share from the empolyers  they work for . And in such a manner our country would go to the dogs :-) if they start getting laws like this . 

Now as for maintanence in case you get it it would get cancelled as and when you get a job and have a source of income .!!

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 April 2013

1.    The Bill is struck due to personal Laws issues between various homogeneous communities in India who have not come to a common consensus.

2.    Based on your lis if you are unable to maintain yourself you can place specific application in Court for further adjudication.

3.    We donot recall at this instant issues of pmt. shelter vis-à-vis joint property to make sensible opinion. However generic advice is to place your claim so that proper adjudication comes through sooner than later.

4.    Job market scenarios during first quarter are bleak for either gender and you are not alone on last count here so keep trying.

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     03 April 2013

I reviewed twice those sections , no where it is mentioned that 50 % share can be provided after divorce. It was only reported initially in TOI, but not available in parliamentary version, hence big "No"

Pooja_____ (HR)     03 April 2013

The draft of hindu marraige amendement bill 2010 available on Rajya sabha is very old. Can anyone provide the latest draft of hindu marriage amendment 2010, which is to be discussed in the coming session of Rajya Sabha?

lota (housewife)     03 April 2013

Thanks a lot to all.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register