LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naren Patil (Business)     11 June 2020

Property 7-12 name transfer

How do I transfer the name on 7/12?

Owner-A  sold a land to Owner-B  (in 1980)

Owner-B sold the land to Owner-C  (in 1990)


Owner-C is the current-owner. And has the sale-deed, property-tax and other property documents, but the name on 7/12 is still of Onwer-A

How to get the transfer done legally? from Previous Owner-A to current Owner-C.

(Owner-A is dead and Owner-B is no longer in India)

City: Nashik
State: Maharashtra
Property currently within corporation limits.


 1 Replies

Virtual Legal Assistant (.)     11 June 2020


The 7/12 document or ‘Record of Land Rights’ is used for looking up the ownership of ancestral land in a village. 7/12 Extract or Record of Rights is the extract from the land records register held by the Revenue Department of Government of Maharashtra. 7/12 extracts contain complete information about land property in rural areas. A 7/12 extract is not a conclusive proof to an established title.

You can apply for transferring the name on 7/12 extract online by visiting the Maharashtra aaple sarkar website. Also, you can move an application to Tehsildar or talathi with a copy of sale deed and other property documents attached to it.  

Hope this helps.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query