LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rama (self)     30 August 2014



 the property is the name of some male person and it is a self acquired property bought in burdwan west bengal in 1964. now he died inestate without a will in 2010. survived by his wife and  4 children. if suppose the widow transfers the property to her name without taking the noc from others(1 of the children has helped her do this whole process from the sidelines without coming to focus) and now she makes a will/transfers the property to that child's name and dies. can the other children claim on the property after her death?

                                                               reply awaited


 3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     30 August 2014

The other children will have to challange the validity of the will and also the transaction vide which the mother transferred the whole property in her name.

1 Like

rama (self)     30 August 2014

thanks maam,

                         but the mother  has died and then against whom shall the rest of the children  file a case?

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     30 August 2014

They can file the case against the child in whose name the property stands now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query