LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KDGaur (N/A)     09 August 2014

Proof of husbands divorce in agra

My Husband and his first wife divorced in Agra, U.P in 2007. I have in my possession scanned copies of the divorce papers showing it was filed in Agra Family Court.

Later in 2009 my husband and I were married in USA and still reside there.

Now I have learned from his own Aunt that he has purchased a new home in the vicinity of Margao, Goa and that his first wife is now moved into this new home.

What are, if any, are my rights and how to find out or verify that my husband’s divorce from first wife was filed legally with the Agra court in U.P.?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     10 August 2014

RTI concerned District Court from overseas. 

2. State full name of husband in Application and ask for Decree in Divorce record of husband name from last 10 years from all Family Courts under District Court at Agra. 

3. During lifetime of husband if Title of property is in his name and was never used as shared household by you, then you have no legal rights to stated property in question. 

[Last reply]

advocate Avdhesh chaudhary (advocate/ legal consultant)     30 August 2014

you have to get the copies of judgement of divorce. it is very necessary in your case. if divorce is not finale it will effect the legality of your marriage & in turn your legal rights as well. for getting copies of judgement you may call me on 09891507137. adv Avdhesh chaudhary

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register