Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Basappa S Ibrahimpur   14 September 2022

Promotion Denied for not attending Physical Assessment Test

Respected Sir/ Madam

I am working in Public Sector organisation from last 32 yrs as Fireman. As a fireman we have mockup drill. in the year June 2014 I was injured on duty and department provided me on duty injury leave and pay as admissible. During the injury and treatment I was diagnosed L2 wedge compression fracture. Treating government doctor also advised not to bend, not to lift heavy objects, not to travelled daily and advised sedentary job for life long.

My subordinates getting promotion from time to time and myself avoiding saying that you are not able to do physical test as it is compulsory for fireman Trade posts.

My promotion was due in the year 2018 and promotion committee not allowed me to attend the interview as I have to complete physical test as a fireman.

My humble request you all is "I was injured on duty can't be waived for my physical test and allow me for interview". I am demoralised and thinking that I served for this organisation 32 yrs but unable give my best to my family as am going to retire in May 2023.

Please help me. If any hope for my case.

With warm regards,
Basappa Ibrahimpur

Learning

4 Replies

RVB (assistant)     14 September 2022

call me for needful

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 September 2022

What are the Fire Service Rules on the subject, which differ from a State to another State ?

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 September 2022

Yes.  What are the rules of your organization?  Whether you were injured while on government duty or offline duty,  As per your statement, it is not possible to give you a promotion.  As you were injured in government duty you are losing a promotion, if there is any facility to give compensation or promotion in another post?

RVB (assistant)     15 September 2022

i talked to the candidate, he said in his PSU without physical assessment test promotion not possible as he is a Fireman. but he raised one more issue that if promotion denied can he claims for compensation....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register