LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek Arora   21 January 2023

Promotion delay and denial

I have been working in a private org for the last 7 years with an overall work ex of 15 years. My direct leader has
been changed frequently in the past due to exits, but the current boss in from 2 years. Owing to multiple Sr leadership changes, my promotion has been delayed, and I am currently at the same level with a couple of job rotations internally. My immediate leader and his boss have been playing around with this for several years and have hired only his ex-directs to be free himself. My performance ratings have been good, never unsatisfactory with a couple of leadership recognitions as well.
It's looks to be more personal than professional to me and may be, some things of the past where the past executive leadership toppled because of my whistle blower. It was supposed to be hidden though.
What provisions under labor law support an employee on the known bias, deliberate attempt to hamper growth, mental harassment, and eligibility for my promotion?
Note- I am here for sincere legal advice, not for moral lessons. Therefore, utilize your experience effectively. Thank you so much

Learning

4 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 January 2023

Read.

You have not been able to convey the problem with legal angle.

Abhishek Arora   22 January 2023

Thank you for your response. That's what I want to know if a legal perspective can be brought in here as an employee so that I can raise voice against favoritism and denial

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     19 March 2023

If you were overlooked in promotion or service rights you can seek remedy with the Laour laws.Better consult lawyer with the relevant records.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 March 2023

Not understood what do you mean by

“Owing to multiple Sr leadership changes, my promotion has been delayed”

“My performance ratings have been good, never unsatisfactory with a couple of leadership recognitions as well. “

Unless you can give clear facts a viable advise cannot be expted from any lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register