LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manpreet Singh (student/LO)     29 September 2012

Promotion ddh

KIndly advice urgently on the following situation

MY father was appointed as a Law Officer Class 2 in Punjab Govt in 1974 Through punjab public Service Commission . He has a time scale of 800-1400 Rs .. As per Punjab Govt instructions Dated 26-4-1971 any post having time scale of 1199 Rs was confirmed as Class 2 post. As per Govt  instruction Dated 26-6-1984 Class 2 post was stated to be any post having maximum of Rs 1580 .In 1983 via special order of the Govt  dated 21-9-1983 post of LAw officer  was stated  carrying maximum of Rs 1580 which qualified as a Class 2 post . Govt due to its negligence and malafide intent did not give this scaleof Rs 1580 to my father .He continued to work on Rs 800-1400 in unrevised scale . Despite representations Govt did not do anything ..IN the year 1987 the sent a case for advice to Personnal Dept Punjab For advice as to fix maximum scale of father to Rs 1580 and declare his post to be Class 2 ..It was only when in1987 he had to be promoted as Deputy Director ..Since Personnal sent the case for advice further to Pay Commission and the caseof my father was not approved as the one having a class 2 post my father wasnt promoted. DEputy Promotionreqd 10 years experience as a Class 2 officer myfatherhad 13 but Govt Disputed this fact while considering his case and later stated the matter to besubudice even when Govt itself due to its negligence didnt give revised scale of Rs 1580  to my father. He filed a writ petitionin 1987 in HC which was admitted but during pendency of  the petition my father died in 2002. 
  The petition was dismissed due to father death no arguments on merits were held. Now our family does not have documents tocontinue the petition hence we want that myf ather promotion be given from 1987 with retrospective effect fromtheDepartment concerned . we have represented the Deptt .
Pl advise in this case .... how to get it... since i read a SC judgement of MArch 2010  of Honble Sc that retrospective promotion  may be given when itis fault of Govt ..Plzz provide me a copy of the judgment too ..It was delivered by Justice Ganguly ..i couldnt find on net. 


 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register