LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhupinder Singh (Advisor)     25 April 2016

Professional writing

I am an employee of a University which is funded by the Central Government. At the same time I am a writer and write novels/shor-stories. I have been approached by a film production house. They want to make a film on my recently published novel and also want me to write more stuff for them professionally. Early to this, I never got any royaltee from any of my published books but now I want to take writing as side profession. Can I sign a contract with this production house or can sale my previously written novel for a film ataptation ? If I write for them on weekends, will it against service rules ?

Learning

5 Replies

KS Johal   26 April 2016

You will know whether working at weekends writing novels and doing other work will be against service rules or not only by reading these service rules. Every University will have different rules. Are you an employee doing administration work or a University lecturer? There would be different rules for different category of staff working for a University funded by the central government. KS JOHAL

KS Johal   26 April 2016

You will know whether working at weekends writing novels and doing other work will be against service rules or not only by reading these service rules. Every University will have different rules. Are you an employee doing administration work or a University lecturer? There would be different rules for different category of staff working for a University funded by the central government. KS JOHAL

KS Johal   26 April 2016

Most lecturers or researchers within a University are not able to carry out extra work at the weekend. But if extra work is carried out then all work done generally belongs to the university including the fees that you may get from this organisation. Most contracts will state that you are not allowed to do extra work without consultation with the university.

KS Johal   26 April 2016

Most lecturers or researchers within a University are not able to carry out extra work at the weekend. But if extra work is carried out then all work done generally belongs to the university including the fees that you may get from this organisation. Most contracts will state that you are not allowed to do extra work without consultation with the university.

compliance   29 April 2016

Don one thing which is best for you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register