LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramakrishnan.V (Lawyer)     20 February 2010

Process of Service


Would anyone tell me how to effect summons in a foriegn country when the wife initiates a maintenance petition under section 125 of Cr.P.C. before a family court?


 4 Replies

Alok Motan (Advocate)     21 February 2010

any summon or warrant is executed through concerned nation's embassy......according to my knowledge.....sorry dont know much about it....

Anjali (IT)     21 February 2010

attach the court summon with covering letter to the Minsitry of external affairs and they will forward it to the Indian consulate of that foreign country  [if available], which will be delivered by the embassy staff to the respondent.

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     21 February 2010


The summons should be served to the other person through Hauge Convention. India is the signatory of the Hauge convention for the process of delivery of the summons. For more details please visit


Hardik Mehta

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     22 February 2010

I do agree with hardik

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query