LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SYED MAHABOOB PEER   17 February 2023

Proceedure for public interest litigation

Sir/s,  Since the Email ID of the Hon'ble Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh, I have submitted my request for a PIL (addressed to the Hon'ble Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh) to the Email ID of the Registrar General, APHC, Amaravathi. Even-though about 20 days elapsed after sending my email, I could not hear either anything about or at-least the status of my "Request for the PIL".    How could I find the "approval" or "rejection" of my "Request made for a PIL".   The proposed for PIL pertains to Rule 55 of Income Tax Rules, 1962 and misuse of it by the Income Tax Authorities.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 February 2023

The procedure for filing a PIL is as follows:

1. Before filing a PIL one has to do the complete research about the issue. When a PIL is filed concerning many people, the petitioner needs to consult all the individuals and groups which are affected.
  2. Once you are sure of filing a PIL, collect all the vital information and documents as evidence to support your case. You can argue the case on your own or appoint a lawyer to argue on behalf of you.
  3. It is always advisable to consult a lawyer before filing the PIL. If you are interested in arguing the case on your own then be prepared to explain the problem and convince the court in the time you have been allotted.
  4. Once the PIL copy is ready to be filed in the High Court, then submit two copies of the petition to the court. Along with this, one copy of the petition needs to be served to the respondents in advance. This proof of serving the petition copy to the respondents has to be affixed in the petition.

Have you followed the prescribed procedures before filing this PIL.

By sending an email communication you cann ot get any response, you have to visit the high court registrar and confirm further procedures.

Besides:

The following documents are required:

1. Identity proof
  2. Resettlement policy if any
  3. Title deeds
  4. Notice,
  5. Verification of residence
  6. Photos of the eviction
  • Complete list of all parties who have come to the court to initiate public interest litigation, together with their names and addresses.
  • Names and addresses of all government officials whose eligibility for relief are questioned.
  • Complete List of incidents leading to infringement of the concerned people’s fundamental rights.
  • Collect all relevant dates related to the eviction, including when and if an eviction notice was given, the length of stay at the specific place, and any other pertinent information.
  • The court relief requested should also be mentioned.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 February 2023

A Public Interest Litigation (PIL) is a petition that can be filed by any member of the public for any matter of public interest, for redress of public wrong or injury.consult a lawyer for procedure.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 February 2023

new thread opened at https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=228195&offset=1

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register