Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Allen.D.Joseph (LL.B)     07 April 2021

Procedure to get back original documents

My parents filled a case in civil court in 1987 and we has the judgement copy. But they didn't got back the original documents submitted in the court. Can we get it now and how
Thank u

 3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   07 April 2021

Yes u can .

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     08 April 2021

1987 to now, it's more than 3 decades. Most probably the Court concerned might have preserved the documents as the same contain original documents presumably relating to title to the property. I think it may be difficult to trace the same from old records but it is possible to get them with perseverance and good follow up. You may seek the help of a good Lawyer along with a copy of the Judgement for getting the original documents.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 April 2021

The advocate who has dealt the issue may get back the documents for you.  Even if they are not available as there is judgment and you can always obtain certified copies from office of Registrar, and the court reply "documents" are not available, and revenue records like mutation, tax paid receipts to protect your interest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query