LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bonafied (assistant)     20 December 2023

Procedure to file grievance to the chief magistrate

Can I file grievance by submitting a memo addressed to the chief magistrate handwritten or typed or is there a prescribe format? I shall submit the memo on the next date of hearing. Meanwhile, can I send an email to registrar office addressing it to the chief magistrate as I could not find chief magistrate office email address. My presence was marked absent. I immediately filed an advanced application on the same day afternoon it was not considered by the magistrate and imposed 200 penalty on next hearing. If I sit inside the court hall bench on the sides she is shouting to stand outside. Refuses to change the date but entertains complainant request for date change. Won't allow me to show pictures during cross to refresh complainant memory. Allows complainant to volunteer during cross where complainant speaks irrelevant things wasting time. There are plenty other issues with current magistrate I did not face any trouble with previous two magistrates. They were neutral and highly responsive. I am unable to deal with this high-handed and prejudiced behavior. I like to apply for transfer right away is it within the purview of chief magistrate or should I approach sessions court. I would however still file a memo for the record.


 2 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     20 December 2023

Facts vis-a-vis query is not understood, redraft 


Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer with relevant records for proper appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding. 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     20 December 2023

That is not going to help you anyways, you can only file a Transfer application before the Principal Distt. Judge as Cheif Judicail magestrate don' have adminsitration powers . If you have lost faith in court and you believe that you won't get satisfactory justice from the court then you should file transfer application before Distt. judge 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register