Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Procedure to file chargesheet

Hi All, what is the procedure to file chargesheet and how we come to know whether chargesheet filed or not? Before chargesheet file Do we have any hearings in court? if so Please advise.Is it possible to add additional names to chargesheet by police. if so what is the bail procedure for that? Thanks for quick response.


 6 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     21 January 2014

Whether charge sheet has been filed or not can be known by searching police record or court record of concern jurisdiction. After receiving the charge sheet concern court issue summon to person charge sheeted.


No hearing possible before filing of charge sheet.


Names can be added in charge sheet.


After receiving summon accused can seek bail from court or he may surrender before court to seek bail before filing of charge sheet.


Hi Thanks for quick response. But My wife filed 498a DP 3 & 4 on me and released on regular bail. but I have attended one hearing and next hearing I have next month on 21.02.2013. I didnt receive any summon from court  and chargesheet not yet filed .How it possible without chargesheet filling.. hearing will be possibe?

Please advise what instances we can have hearing like that? Thanks for ur time.

dv (ghvhb)     22 January 2014

Please read your bail orders properly or consult your lawyer... Without reading or knowing what orders how can anyone guide you


Please advise how to collect bail order copy from court? where I will get this copy court or police station? because I didn't take copy and my parents submitted bail order copy in the subjail. Can I send a letter asking bail order copy  to court and fees.Please advise.

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     22 January 2014

No use of helping Mr Venkat he is full of question, please visit his activity data full of non-sense questions. Even after suggesting him and guiding him he will nod his head as per his advocate. The case is simple his advocate has joined his hand eith his wifes advvocate and takin him to jolly ride.


Hi Thanks for your reply, Please suggest on above query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query