Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DhruvVenkat (Freelancer)     28 January 2016

Procedure to change title to property (land)

Hi,

My grandfather had left a will on a property he had purchased in my fathers name. The property is being enjoyed by my father. We live in a mon-metro town near Chennai. What is the procedure to change the title to the property. We are paying property taxes etc. My father is the only child.

What is the procedure to transfer the title of property if we dont plan to use the will, that is, assume that my grandfather died intestate.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Dhruv

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     28 January 2016

Sir,

If your father is the only child having the property in his name, then the property can be mutated by taking the No Objection Certificate from your father and get the property mutated in the name of the anyperson who so ever he wish to get the same done.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

DhruvVenkat (Freelancer)     28 January 2016

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. The property is in my grandfather's name. Sorry for the confusion

Regards

Dhruv

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 January 2016

Apply for succession certificate, file a partition suit, and then get  compromise settlement registered with Legal Services authority.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     29 January 2016

Insufficient data.

As per the will the property will become your father's one. If he is alive, get it transferred in his name using the will. If your father is no more, and had left a will, it will be according to the will; if not apply for legal heir certificate / succession certificate and proceed accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register