LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijaya (Asst Manager HR)     06 November 2012

Procedure to change name after marriage

Dear Sir,

I wish to change my first name after my marriage. I have following queries.

1. Procedure to change first name after marriage.

2.I want changed name on marriage certificate and passport, procedure for that

3. How much time this procedure will take?

2. I may fly to abroad after marriage, will this changed name create any issues in professional life or higher studies?

Thanks in advance


 1 Replies

Ankit Ahjolia (IR Officer)     06 November 2012

Hi there kindly look into following steps. 1.Marriage certificate can be obtained within the jurisdiction where your marriage has been solemnized. 2. For obtaining marriage certificate you will have to fill up form according to the applicability of your marriage. i.e Hindu marriage, christian marriage etc. 3. On marriage certificate you will not get changed name that certificate shows that you and your husband have married each other according to hindu, parsi etc marriage act. 4. If you want changed name in passport you will have to submit the marriage certificate and in form as well you will have to mention on which name passport should be issued. 5. You can change your name on each and every ID proof by providing marriage certificate to the concerned authority. Hope the above reply would clear your confusion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads