Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhushan Sharma (Supervisor)     23 January 2013

Procedure of taking arrest stay in 498a case in ghaziabad,up

Dear Experts,

I need your Opinion on my False 498A Case. My wife is from Ghaziabad, U.P . She has filed false dowry case against me & my parents. The case is in Ghaziabad court Mediation cell.

One of the notice we have returned back by writing on it that the our house is locked.

within mean time we are trying to get the Arrest Stay from Allahabad High Court to appear before the mediation cell, so that we should not get arrested.

We have tried to get the arrest stay from Allahabad 2 times. My lawyer is saying that the certified copy of FIR is not enough to get the STAY. the Allahabad court need FIR number with CRIME number on it & the lawyer is saying that since the case is still in the Mediation cell, Ghaziabad and not in the Court, The Magistrate in Allahabad High court is not giving the Stay on Arrest.

Below are my questions from the experts

1) If we go to the mediation cell before taking the arrest stay, will we get arrested if the mediation fails?

2) Shall we accept the 2nd notice for calling to mediation cell.

3) Is my lawyer making us fool?? If the court doesnt give us arrest stay before appear in Mediation cell then it confirmed that we get arrested.

The grounds we have for the arrest stay is that she ran away from my home by making quarrel in November 2011 & I have tried to bring her back 2-3 times in 1 year. then after 1 year I have filed Child custody case & Divorce case & after receiving the Divorce case notice she has filed 498A, 376 case, DV & Maintenance case  against me and my family in December 2012.

Experts please advise, specially from Ghaziabad & Allahabad

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

dv (ghvhb)     23 January 2013

Underground and then anticipatory. DO not give in to any pressure. Start collecting evidence and also make sure you do not call ur in-law as they may agitate you and cause you to say something and record your voice.lawyers will try to suck money but try and see that you do not give in to pressure and shell out money. Take care of your parents. any thing you say will be used against you , so think and take lot of opinions .GOD BLESS. Am a victim as well and going through the same.

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     24 January 2013

hello,

there is no provison of AB in UP.

you need to take stay order on arrest from the high court.

in UP 30 days time is given after FIR has done to get stay order on arrest

i have never heard so what your lawyer is saying.

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     24 January 2013

Read yourself below Link which is position of ALD HC till date and it answers all your questions;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Allahabad-high-court-on-procedure-for-arrest-in-matrimonial-62180.asp

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     24 January 2013

Bail is a matter of right...Time is alloted post FIR to get stay order....

You gotta make a call for your choice of attorney...

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

(Guest)

@tajobs, you are too good

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register