LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhab Saha (Office Executive)     11 July 2012

Procedure of property sale deed cancellation

Hello Friend, Please tell me the procedure of Property Sale deed cancellation, and how much Registration cost amount will be refunded.

Learning

5 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     11 July 2012

There are two ways to cancel a duly registered deed -

i) by consent of both the parties - which has to be via a registered cancellation deed, on which stamp duty is payable.

ii) Via court on proving that the document is bad in itself due to flaw in consent etc.

in neither of the cases do you get the registration fee back

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     11 July 2012

There are two ways to cancel a duly registered deed -

i) by consent of both the parties - which has to be via a registered cancellation deed, on which stamp duty is payable.

ii) Via court on proving that the document is bad in itself due to flaw in consent etc.

in neither of the cases do you get the registration fee back

A property sale deed cancellation can be done in two ways :-

i) by executing a registered cancellation deed on which registration and stamp is payable, (FYI you dont get any refund of stamp duty)

ii) through court if the sale deed itself is flawed due to lack of free consent etc.

Madhab Saha (Office Executive)     11 July 2012

Hello Sir, Thanks for your support and please let me know one thing could I refund registration cost other than stamp duty? for example if suppose the registration cost is Rs.100 000(including Rs. 5000 as Stamp Duty), so balance Rs. 95000 should I get refund?

SADAASIVA RAO T   09 March 2018

House plot was registered to me in 2003.the same plot was sold to the other person in 2005 by the landlord and cheated me by way of double registration.how to cancell the second registration

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register