Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjaykumar (student)     12 August 2010

procedure for surrendering

what is the procedure for surrendering a person who has been accused under 323ipc ???..


 4 Replies

G.Padmanabhan (Advocate)     13 August 2010

one can file a surrender petition before the magistrate having jurisdiction over the police station who have registered the FIR. If the petition is allowed, the accused will be remanded to judicial custody. Alternatively, one can apply for Anticipatory bail before a Sessions judge/High court. On AB being granted, one can surrender the accused before the magistrate, furnish surities, and secure the release of the accused. In the latter course, the accused can avoid being confined to custody.

1 Like

Vinod kashyap (Advocate & Legal advisor)     13 August 2010

as sec 323 bailable you can surender before magisterate and furnish bailo bond.

1 Like

ANMOL VERMA (ADVOCATE)     13 August 2010

G.Padmanabhan.....SIR IS RIGHT

Srinivas (Eng)     14 August 2010


I have some query reg:-

A case(498a) was filed on my friendd .Police created Loc and sent to all immegriation offices along with passport officer. But the case was dropped in the court firstday itself..He traveled to US 2 times.also later....While going to US immigration officers asked the case details he showed clearence letter . When police sent LOC letter to passport officer at that moment whether PO has impounded his passport or not? I feel it is impound he cant travel abroad ..Pls let me know the reply.


Srinivas D

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register