Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dr.kishore (C.A.)     12 June 2012

Procedure for nullity of marriage...

Sir,

myself and my girl freind were in love since march 2007. around Jan 2009, her parents started looking groom for my girlfriend. fearing, her parents may force to marry her with some one else. we both decided to do register marriage. so we got married on apr 2009. friends from my side were present as witness. then due to some family problems, we could not disclose to our parents. she was staying with her parents since then. now her parents again started to search groom for her. in feb 2012 she started to act accordingly to her parents and now she is saying that, she wants to marry according to her parents will and when i tried to approach her parents, her parents rejected me. then i disclosed them about our marriage. then also they are denying, and now my wife complained my mother that, my elder brother tried to s*xually abuse me, and if u try to approach my parents for patch up, she will approach court. she says we shall not disclose our marriage and i shall allow her to marry someone else. but till feb 2012 she was pretty much involved in me. suddenly she is started doing this.

Due to her parents concern she is not ready to come back, when i tried to contact her she uses abusive language. So now i wish to move ahead in life and marry good girl. since she never came to my home to stay, can i file for the nullity of marriage. if yes, what is d procedure.

pl advice.

Learning

2 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     12 June 2012

the marriage can only be annulled by way of Divorce in your case.

it was a registered and valid marriage.....

meet some local lawyer for appropriate legal step.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     12 June 2012

If both of you have trust in each other that you will not file cases against each other, you can proceed to marry others. No need to get any decree from court. Only if anyone of you have doubt that the other will file cases you need to take any decree. If both of you get remarried both of you remain safe from each other only if one of you remain unmarried that unmarried person can put the married person to risk. If she is marrying trusting you that you will not file cases, let her. What risk you run if she marries? If she marries first she is at risk not you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register