Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saikat Banerjee (Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (Gr-I))     28 May 2022

Procedure for filing slp in supreme court

Kindly 1st look at this recent posting of mine:-

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/case-filed-under-consumer-protection-act-224242.asp.

Against the orer of hon'ble NCDRC I have decided to file SLP in the Supreme Court. Now I have a few quaries regarding filing SLP in Supreme Court.

1. Whether along with FORM -28 shall I have to file separate revision petition in Supreme Court or the entire Revision Petition has to be submitted in Form-28.

2. How many copies of revision petition has to be made ?

3. What is the court fee for filing SLP in Supreme Court.

4. What is time limit for filing SLP in Supreme Court ?  

Learning

1 Replies

Sravika Reddy Kohir   21 June 2022

Hello Saikat Banerjee, I acknowledge your question. Any aggrieved party can approach the Supreme Court of India under A. 136 by filing a Special Leave Petition in a case where substantial question of law is involved or the question involved public importance or gross injustice has been done. Under Order XXI Rule 3 of Supreme Court Rules Act, 2013it says that the petition for seeking special leave petition shall be in Form No. 28, there is no need for separate application for any interim relief or any separate petition. Under the supreme court rules 2013 Order XXI Rule 6 it is provided that only one spare set of petition is to be filed. The court fees for filing a special leave petition in supreme court is 1500/- and for special cases it is 5000/-. The limitation period for filing a SPL is 90 days from the date of judgement/decree/order by the court or tribunal.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Have a good day.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register