LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     20 June 2009

Procedure for change of name in Andhra Pradesh

What is the procedure to change the name in Andhra Pradesh. Is there any prescribed Application Form?


 18 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     20 June 2009

Procedure for Change of Name In G.O. (P) No. 819 G.A. (Gen-C) Depart Q 8-12-77 the Govt. have laid down a procedure for change of name by the citizen of India residing in A.P. State. According to Para 2(1), any person who intends to change his name residing in the State of Andhra Pradesh has to apply in the Form prescribed in Annexure-I to the District Magistrate/ Addl. District Magistrate/Executive magistrate. Basing on the information furnished by the individual, the District Magistrate/Addl. District. Magistrate/Executive Magistrate after satisfying himself and after obtaining enquiry report, if necessary shall issue a letter or Memorandum in the Form prescribed in Annexure-II.


Under Para 2(2) of the said G.O. all the Executive Magistrates are empowered to issue of such certificates under their jurisdiction. The District Collector can delegate the powers towers to all MROs/Executive Magistrates in the district to issue certificates in Annexure-II.  


Application Form


The Mandal Revenue Officer,



1. I.A.B(Existing full name of the personconcerned in Block Letters). Insert his full present address showing Door No Locality, Village or town or Cirty,Police Station, Taluk,& District where born at and as a Citizen.

2. My age on the date of application is(date of birth in the Christian Era and age).

3. My father's full name is/in Block letters.

4. My Mother's full name is/in Block letters:

5. I am single/Married/Widow

6. My wife's/Husband's full name is/was :

7. Marks of identification :




8. Occupation :

9. I am in the service of the State Govt./the Govt. of India. State the nameof the Dept. Designation and date ofhis appointment.

10. Profession or Occupation other thanGovt. service (here state detailsregarding designation, name and addressof Employer, Station of posting etc.)

11. Intend to change my existing name as full name in block letters.

12. I.A.B. to solemnly and sincerely declarethat the fore-going particulars stated in this application are true and I makethis solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true.

Place : Signature of the Applicant

Date :




With reference to the application filed by---------------------is informed that on the basis of the information available, ---------------------(address)---------has qualified for recognition as a Citizen of India. The communication has been issued to him/her so as to enable him/her to change his/her name/surname and it has no legl validity what so ever.

Mandal Revenue Officer,

Mandal Executive Magistrate.

narainreddy (Lawyer)     20 June 2009



Is the extract of the GO available?




Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     20 June 2009



CHANGE OF NAME - Change of name by Citizen ofIndia, residing in the Andhra Pradesh State - Procedure to be followed after lifting up the Emergency - Orders - Issued.

GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (GENERAL-C) DEPARTMENTG.O.(P) No. 819 Dated 8th December, 1977Read the Following :G.O.(P) No. 483, General Administration (General-C) Department, dated 13th April, 1972.


In the G.O. read above procedure was laid down for change of name by the Citizens of India residing in the Andhra Pradesh State. Consequent on the revocation of the proclamation of emergences and the cessor of Rules made under the Defence and Internal Security of India, Act, it has become necessary to review the procedure that had been in vogue in regard to the change of name. The Government after careful examination, hereby lay down the following revised procedure in supersession of the procedure prescribed in the Government Order read above.

2(1) Any person residing in the State of Andhra Pradesh who intends to change his name shall apply, in the first instance, in the form in Annexure-I to this Order, to the District Magistrate, the Additional District Magistrate or an Executive Magistrate having jurisdiction, for issue of an official communication in the form of a letter or memorandum to the effect that he is a Citizen of India.

(2) The District Magistrate, the Additional District Magistrate or the Executive Magistrate having jurisdiction, may on the basis of information furnished by the applicant and after such inquiry as he thinks fit, issue a letter or memorandum in the form in Annexure-II to this Order, to the effect that on the basis of the information available, he is qualified for recognition as a Citizen of India. The Magistrate concerned shall exercise due caution and satisfy himself about the applicant's claim to Indian Citizenship before issuing the letter or memorandum.

(3) The applicant shall, there after send another application to the Director of Government, Printing and Stationery (Printing Wing), along with the letter or memorandum issued by the Magistrate concerned for publication of a private advertisement, in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette, on payment of the publication charges.

(By Order and in the name of the Governor of Andhra Pradesh)

A. KRISHNASWAMYChief Secretary to Government

badra (student)     27 June 2009

my names are as follows different in different certificates




4)voter id,Household card, PAN Card,Driving licence---ADABALA VERA BADRA NAGA SESHAYYA

Want to change my name to---- AVBNS SESHI KIRAN

PLease do sugest can i change the name in above conditions.

AJSAMUEL (Student)     09 August 2009

hello sir.....i'm currently pursuing my btech final year..... i want to change my i want to know the procedure and also i want to know how many days it'll take to change my name in SSC MEMO, Inter MEMO??


Rakesh (ac)     16 March 2010

Dear Member, I changed my name for passport by executing deed poll affidavit and publishing in two reputed newspapers in 2007 april (Mumbai). But did not put the same in gazette as i was not aware of the same. I would like to put the same now. What are the problems i may face. Please advice me

Dora babu M (student)     19 September 2011

Hi Friends,

Really very good response.

Here I'm to explain the problem of my Cousin.

His father name is misspelled and printed wrong.

In his 10 class Certificate (All certificates)  his Father Name is spelled wrong. Hence he has gone to SSC board and tried to get it corrected. But no luck. :(

So now in some documents it is right and in some certificates it is mis spelled.

So how to get it rectified using this NAMe CHANGe approach discussed above.

In other wards how to chaange Fathers name? His Name is correct.


Thanks in advance

grsandhya (embedded)     29 September 2011

i want change my name in all educational certificates.tell me the details

galireddy d (student)     29 November 2012

hello sir,i am currently completed...i want change my i want know the procedure and also i want to know howmany day's it will take to change my name in SSC,INTER,B.Tech MEMO'S ????



swetha (advocate)     01 December 2012



sir,,my niece is 6yrs and we want to change her name.


i just want to know what is the procedure that is to be followed to change her name in her bith certificates n school records.....

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 January 2013

Yes. You can change as you wish.

sreenu (software engineer)     24 March 2013

Hi Sir,

I am working in private sctor. I want to change my name. Please let me know the procedure. Can I go throuh MRO or districtcollector.

Please suggest me.


Sreenu Reddy Kandula.

Karthik (Gadwal)     11 April 2013

Sir, My name is Karthik and I want to change my Date Of Birth in my SSC certificates (AP Board) legally which I passed in 2011.So,Please reply me the procedure to change that.

indraneel (rajahmundry)     11 July 2013


     i want change my mothers name in ssc certificate that printed wrongly 

   and i had completed my ssc in andhra pradesh please help me

that my eamcet councelling will start in this month 

please help waiting for ur reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads