LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K.padmavathi (Student)     02 December 2011

Procedure for change of name

hello........i am resident of hyderabad,i have completed my Btech. i want to change my name. i want to know the procedure of it, certificates to be submitted for it, how much time does it take to complete the process...

please reply me


 4 Replies

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     02 December 2011

Step I: make an affidavit in this regard.

StepII: publish a classified in this regard in any local newspaper widely circulated.

rashmi_2010 (Advocate/Corporate Consultant)     03 December 2011

Generally, the procedure requires filing of an application before the executive/ 1st class magistrate within the jurisdiction of the place of domicile of the person desirous of name change. On obtaining the magistrate's affirmative order, there is a process to be followed with the General Administration Department at the relevant State Government, which may require you to publish an advertisement of name change in the newspaper. After it, the relevant State Government will publish your name change in its official gazette. You can thereafter purchase copies of the relevant gazette where the name change is published as authentic evidence of the name change.

For Hyderabad please refer to the  attachement with forms and processes.

Attached File : 41714 230936 4 change of name.pdf downloaded: 1128 times
1 Like

K.padmavathi (Student)     04 December 2011

thank u both...rashmi as u stays in hyd can u plz help me in this process??

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     11 December 2011

visit this link:-

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register