LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HG   05 April 2021

Procedure and taxes applicable on property transfer

What is the procedure to transfer my mothers property ( house and agricultural land) to my wife's name? 

What would be the applicable taxes and stamp duty.........I am from Maharashtra


 2 Replies

Sanjay Narayandas (Advocate)     07 April 2021

Easiest method would be to do a gift deed, if your mother is willing to do it. But, this transfer of property is happening based on some settlement that your wife/you would pay your mother some money in return or without any money just out of love and affection?

HG   08 April 2021

Is there any tax applicable in gift deed? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query