Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjulanathan (Personal)     02 March 2012

Problem with secretary of apartment owners association...

I am a member in our new apartment welfare association since 6 months in Chennai (TN). The Secretary is very very irresponsible and serves different menu for different people. The Secretary is very very short tempered and uses abusive language in you ask him any questions or does not listen to him. In short he is a HITLER type.

Everyone is scared of the Secretary of the association because he is having close contacts with the builder of the apartment and is infact working for builder also besides his wife is owning the flat in the apartments.

Recently I had serious verbal arguments with the Secretary because I got vexed up with this irresponsible behaviour. Since then he stopped talking to me. He (Secretary) avoids me. He also warned me that he will Cut Water Supply to my Flat and will not accept any Monthly Maintenance charges from me. I understand his mind and he is waiting for me for a default in Monthly Maintenance charges. He has told all people working / security / cleaning & maintenance staff in the apartment to neglect me. He started harassing me by not accepting Monthly Maintenance Charges from me. I am really worried with his behaviour. I informed to President of our association but he is help less because the Secretary is having close contacts with Builder as builder is owing 40 flats in the apartment. Please advise me what sort of action I can take on this Secretary of Apartment Flat Owners Welfare Association because he is not collecting Monthly Maintenance from me and threatening to disconnect water supply. Everyone supports Secretary because of his nature and close relationship with the builder. 

Please advice what action I can take on this Secretary of Apartment Owners Association. How I can protect my Rights without  loosing my Self Respect. 

Thanks in advance. Manjunath Chennai

Learning

7 Replies

V.T.Venkataram (Advocate and Consumer Activist)     02 March 2012

Pleaase send the maitenance amount by registered post. You can complain to registrar of socities or can approach the local civil court. In case of any cut in essentils like water supply, please approach human rights commission. 

Thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know a good lawyer to handle this issue in Chennai. Kindly help me with this I shall be grateful to you. Please Reply. Manjulanathan.

Mr.V.T.Venkataram sir.. kindly provide me your email address and telephone no. so that I can contact you as I have few queries. Please provide. I greatly appreciate it. I heard that you are one of the best consumer activists, and I want your suggestions in getting a good advocate to file a suit. I need your suggestion. Please provide me your contact information. Please Reply. Manjulanathan.

V.T.Venkataram (Advocate and Consumer Activist)     03 March 2012

My contact address is :-

V.T.Venkataram,

Advocate & Consumer Activist,

201, Definer Serene Drive Apartments,

Pethannahalli Village,

Doddagattiganabbe Branch Post Office,

Kasaba Hobli,

Hoskote-562114,

Bangalore Rural District.

Land Line 08027932001

Mobile: 9901928214

Manjulanathan (Personal)     03 March 2012

Dear Venkataram Sir,

It was very nice talking to you over the phone... As discussed, Kindly email me the following... I greatly appreciate your help on this...

1) Contact details of good ethical advocates at Chennai if I decide to proceed with litigation.
2) Draft letter for sending Maintenance Cheque.

Also, I have the following questions for you...

1) Draft letter & Maintenance Charges Cheque need to be sent by Registered Post or by Speed Post?
2) Can I send the letter on the name of Apartment Owners Welfare Association which is a Registered Body...?
3) If I send the letter on the name of Secretary... I am scared that he will reject to accept the post. In that case what I should do if he does not accept my post...?

Kindly Reply... I greatly appreciate your help and reply on this to my email address mmanjula100@rediffmail.com

Manju
mmanjula100@rediffmail.com

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2012

1)    Draft letter & Maintenance Charges Cheque need to be sent by Registered Post or by Speed Post?

Ans:- Yes. Better by Regd letter as post man’s endorsement is most videly accepted in acourts as authentic. 

You can even deposit direct n Society a/c

2) Can I send the letter on the name of Apartment Owners Welfare Association which is a Registered Body...?

Ans :-  Yes that is most proper.

3) If I send the letter on the name of Secretary... I am scared that he will reject to accept the post. In that case what I should do if he does not accept my post...?

Ans : The post will come back to with endorsement of refusal marked by Postman.  The letter is deemed to have been received by him

By the way how Secretary or President can be more powerful than General Body. If he does not call the meeting let some members collect give a notice and themselves call meeting by consensus.

Who has made him secretary you people only.

If such person is having such mentality doe not think that he does not have stories behind you people need to unearth it.  Generally such office bearers of RWA or Society are wanted or their sons are wanted, just explore.

One of trhe senior members Mr Arunagiri is practicing in Chennai.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 March 2012

It appears you have also given another post on the same topic. Please see my statement there.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register