FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRADEEP KUMAR (ALONE)     29 September 2021

Problem with neighbour

Hello I am living on Second Floor in a building made by a builder in Shastri Nagar, Delhi. There is a Cable Tv shop on ground floor and the owner also have top floor of the same building in which I am living. Cable TV owner has also built an illegal floor on the roof of the building and also running his cable tv equipment from there. Due to his illegal construction on roof the original way of waste water pipe has been blocked and now because of it the whole building getting dampness and damaging the walls.

Please suggest me what legal action can I take against him and these actions will take any effect.


Pradeep Kumar


 2 Replies

Ananya Gosain   13 October 2021


As per your concern, i think you will have to see if the building is made as per the sanctioned authorised plan. In case the building is not authorised as per the sanctioned plan, you can seek the appropriate authorities ( DDA/MCD if in Delhi) to take action and demolish the same. If you are still not successful, a civil suit can be filed in court. The government has also launched an online portal, through which one can file a complaint against illegal construction.

Municipal corporation tribunal has also been set up for resolving the disputes of illegal construction in the city. Its process is faster than courts and one can appeal to the tribunal in the format as prescribed by tribunal rules. For eg. Municipal corporation of Delhi tribunal will look on the matters of demolition/ceiling order which comes under the purview of Section 344, 347 and 349 of the MCD Act.

Hope this helps 


PRADEEP KUMAR (ALONE)     13 October 2021

Thanks for the reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query