LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay Chhikara (Legal Expert)     27 August 2008

problem of credit card

one person get the Sbi credit card . SBI says its a free card as well as you have a limit of 1.0 lack  and insurance with out any thing to pay.

then after the reciving of the card all the things are wrong and they provide only 10000 limit card  and charged the 49/- for insurance per month.

we gave the request so many time to closed the card but the care centre gave confirmation that they had closed the card.

but after some time the bill is becoming so bulky without use .

then call to care centre the reply is same that the amount is for the insurance . now the amount become the around the 10000/-

there is call came to pay the amount or get settlement outside in the 2500 amount

but in some day prior a call came to give threatto life either you to pay the amount or ready for consequences.

and practically there is no purchase.

we said to the callers plz tell us what we purchase.

ans is Bank is not mad that it shows the amount in ur account.

you have pay this amount

Learning

7 Replies

ajay kumar (unemop)     27 August 2008

I FACEING PROBLEMS WITH BANKS I KNOW WHAT U FEEL.

IN ANS.OF YOUR FIRST QUERY IF U HAVE TI WRIITEEN PROOF (AND I SURE YOU DON'T HAVE BECAUSE SALES PERSONE MAKE THIS FALES PROMISE TO SALE CARD TO YOU) THEN U CAN SUE BANK TO FILE CRIMINAL COMPLIANET  U/S 420,406 AND IN CONSUMER COURT, MRTPC.

ABOUT INSURNE AND CARD CLOSE EVERY TIME U MAKE CALL AND PLACE REQUEST OF CARD CLOSE THEY U GIVE A COMPLIANT NO...... NOW TWO CASES

1. IF U HAVE COMPLINET NO GO WITH THAT NO... AND WIRRTEEN A LATTER AND SEND EMAIL TO BANK CUSTMER SERVICE AS WELL BANKS HIGHER ATHURATIES FOR YOUR PROBLEM.

2. IF U DON'T HAVE COMPLINET NO DON'T WORRY WIRETEEN SAME THING.MAKE CALL CUSTMER SERVICE.CUT YOUR CARD IN AND SEND IT TO BANK ALNOG WITH CARD CLOSER LATTER.

FOR CALL YOU RECEIVE JUST FILE A COMPILNET IN POLICE AND SEND LEGAL NOTICE TO BANK ALONG WITH POLICE COMPILENT SAYING THAT I NOT USE YOUR BANK CARD, NEVER OPTED FOR PAID INSURNE.I HAVE NO DUES TO PAY AGAINEST YOUR BANK CARD AND NOW YOUR COLLECTION OFFICER MAKING CALL USEING ABUSE LENGUSUE, MENTALY HARSH ME AND MY FAMLIEY, DISTURBING MY PERSONAL AND PROFESIONAL LIFE.IF THIS NOT STOP I WILL TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOUR BANK.DEMAND FOR CARD CLOSER AND NO DUE CERTIFICATE. 

HOPE THIS RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     27 August 2008

Well said by Ajai.

thanks ajay bhai

thanks sir

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     28 August 2008

I also faced similar problem. In my Standard Chartered Card there was not any debit since no purchases were made nor any amount due or overdue with 0 utility. One day I received a bill stating that I owe to pay Rs. 1100 something for insurance premium for Royal Sudaram. I immediately phone to their helpline they asked for my policy number of royal sundaram. I said since I have not taken this insurnce how I can have that policy number. They send many statements thereafter piling huge amount towards finance charges, penalty penalty for late payments and it rose to the amount of more some 10,000. One day two persons came to residence for recovery I said take the cheque of any amount but before that pl give my consent which I had given for purchase of this policy, they said that we are recovery staff we do not have any such documents. We are bound to recover the amount. I said your bank has illegitimately charged this amount to me I had not taken any such insurance nor had given any consent for the same. Thereafter they return with some record that on such and such date you have given yr oral consent on telephone to our caller and therefore this charges. I said on such and such date I was busy with meeting for whole day and for my presence am in position to prove, if you are pressurising me for your dues I am Advocate, I will file police complaint. They continued their efforts while sitting in my house - I immediately rang up the police station and called them for help. The Inspector came and taken them to police station and asked them to get the written documents in support of their dues otherwise they will be dealt in accordance with the law for disturbing the person and so many other sections of iPC. They flee away and have not yet returned. Threafter I received many calls from their call centre through which they asked my recovery and to their reply I asked for all documentary evidence. Since last more than 3 years now nothing is coming from Standard Chartered Bank, but geting regular call for grant of loan and credit card. Better way to call for police on their approaching you for recovery - file police complaint against even the phone receiving from them take the details of caller telephone number, name of caller his/her superior and file complaint with Police authority to stop this menace.

prof s c pratihar ( urologist &legal studies)     04 September 2008

dear sir, problem already resolved.you should never sign over the pannel.once you used it means you have accepted.donot sign do not use.just write a letter regd. with ack.due that you have not accepted and not applied.this will end your problem.drscpratihar

Pallavi jadhav (Legal Advisor )     11 June 2010

Hi All

One of my friend one Account in one of the nationalized bank   recently and he received debit card from the bank. He access the card 1st time. When he access that card second time he come to know that some one has misuse his card and done shopping of Rs 30000 thousand out of the India . When he Ask explanation from the Bank they are unable to provide the same. He lunch FIR in police station but what action can be done in such case

Regards

Adv Pallavi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register