Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas Jain (Advocate)     14 April 2014

Private land encroachment

Respected Seniors ,

On behalf of one of my Close Friend whose Plot is been Encroached recently, I want to seek the appropriate remedy. 

FACTS:

1)   The said Plot was purchased from the First owner, on 18/04/2011 vide a Sale deed was executed and registered at Joint Sub Registrar Class 2 office among the Buyer and seller along with TWO witnesses.  

2)   The said plot is within the vicinity of Village wherein the mutation entry in Village form 02 is completed by TALATI of the village in the name of purchaser.

3)   Since 3 years, we haven’t taken the possession nor any fencing was done from our side, no formalities with respect to Municipal Corporations were done from our end.  

4)   On 2nd April 2014, someone has done the fencing with the poles. On inquiry done by the relatives of the purchaser it is found that the person has encroached the plot because he had paid 36 installments before 35 years to the First Owner from whom we have Purchased the plot, however it is a assumption that the person who have done the Fencing does'nt have any Documents support with him. 

Queries:

1)   What shall be the correct legal remedy in the above case, whether to file a u/s 427,447, 441 of IPC?  OR

2)   u/s 145 CrPC before SDM/DM

3)   If want to take the help of Local Police, can they be approached u/s 447, 341 & 506 of IPC and u/s 156 (3) of CrPC.

4)   Any other suitable remedy by approaching Collector’s Office?

Learning

15 Replies

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     14 April 2014

Hallo....There are two civil remedies

1. You can approach to the civil court by filing civil suit for Injunction against the encroacher. In this case you have to file suit on the basis of sale deed and stating that you are in possession by way of fencing, though the said encroacher has made it [fencing].

2. Secondly, if you don't want to state that you are in possession, then you have to file suit for possession before the civil court.

3.so far as criminal proceedings are concern you have to file the said proceedings against your vendor along with encrocher, if you file criminal proceedings, then there are chances to get possession immediately, with the help of police authorities..

Rahul Choudhary (Student)     14 April 2014

no problem registry is in your name...

You will get it

Dear Sir,

Cant we take the help of Local Police, can they be approached u/s 447, 341 & 506 of IPC and/OR u/s 156 (3) of CrPC.

Regards

yes, you can... but it is not easy...you have to convince the police authorities...

Dear Sir,

As opined by you, we need to file the Criminal Proceedings against the person from whom the Plot in question is here, and also against the encroacher. 

Sir, I really thank you for this opinion , may  I know under which section and which Act , also let me know who shall have the jurisdiction in case we file the Crimi. Proceedings.

Sir, I stay in Gujarat and the said plot is in Amravati District of Maharastra, Request for your possible extended help please

Regards

Sir, I think, if the encrocher has paid 36 instalments to your vendor, then your vendor has cheated you, hence

first you have to file complaint to the nearest Police station at Amravati for Offence U/s. 420, 447,341,506 ect..on the basis of Sale deed, If the police authorities not take any cognizance, then file proceedings U/s. 156[3] BEFORE THE NEAREST MAGISTRATE COURT Amaravati.

Dear Sonawane Sir,

The statement of 36 installment paid by the Encroacher has come to my understanding by the Broker, who was paid and involed in the entire deal, however it is also been conveyed to me that the encroacher is not having any written documents in his support for the same.

What shall be the correct remedy in this Case sir?

Regards

you have to file complaint to the nearest Police station at Amravati for Offence U/s. 420, 447,341,506 ect..on the basis of Sale deed, If the police authorities not take any cognizance, then file proceedings U/s. 156[3] BEFORE THE NEAREST MAGISTRATE COURT Amaravati.

simulteneousely we can file suit for Injunction before the civil court on the basis of sale deed...

Thank you So much for the needful Sir.

Sir, May I request you to forward any sample / draft copy of the Complaint u/s 447,420,341 & 506 etc. prefrabally in Marathi or in english, Since I do not want to get in touch with the Local Lawyer there. 

I highly appreciate your gesture. Thank you once again.

Email: adhi.karan@gmail.com 

Regards

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2014

In my opinion besides a complaint for trespassing, encroachment, land grabbing and if required for criminal intimidation, you have to simultaneously file a suit for injunction and eviction against the miscreants.

1 Like

Vikas Jain (Advocate)     17 April 2014

Resp Seniors / Experts,

Pl suggest whether the below draft for Police complain is OK. 

Date: ___________________

To,

Police Inspector,

Shri Baijnath S. Latpate,

PS: Nandgaon Peth

Amravati,

Maharashtra 

Ph: 0721 2384267

Sub: Application under section 154 CR.P.C. read with 156 (1) of CR.P.C for information relating to the Commission of a Cognizable Offence under section 441 & 427 I.P.C.

Sir,

The aforementioned Complainant Mr. Bhimrav Khadse, S/o Late Kishanrav Khadse, presently residing at Plot No 139/A, Ward 4/B, Adipur, Kutch, Gujarat most respectfully Showeth and state as under:

I)                   That the Complainant had purchased a plot of 3160 sq. foots bearing Survey No 49/2 of  Plot no 50, situated at Village Navsari, Taluka & District Amravati, from Shri Ramesh Bansilal Sharda , residing at Old Badnera Road, Ashish Colony , Taluka & District Amravati.

II)                 That there was a lawful consideration, between the Complainant / Buyer and the Seller for the abovementioned plot and both the parties entered into a valid contract.  Further both the parties executed a Sale-Deed on Dated 18-04-2011, before the Joint Sub Registrar Class II, and the aforesaid Sale- Deed was duly registered in the office of Joint Sub Registrar Class II, subsequent to which the Title of the said plot was converted in the Complainant’s name.  Exh. -  01 (Colly).

III)              That the mutation entry was inserted by the Talati of the concerned village, from the name of the Seller of the plot (Shri Ramesh Bansilal Sharda), in the name of the Complainant / Buyer of the plot (Shri Bhimrav Khadse), in Village Form No 02 on dated 18-05-2011. Exh. - 02

IV)               That the Complainant / Buyer and the Seller for the abovementioned plot executed the Sale-Deed which was  duly signed by both the competent parties and was also signed by TWO witnesses i.e. Mr. Anil M. Sahu residing at Ratanganj, Amravati & Mr. Sanjay M. Deshmukh residing at Vidhutnagar , Amravati.

V)                  That both the abovementioned witnesses are the Property Dealers  and are the Agents of  Seller of the Plot, who  persuaded the Complainant /Buyer , for purchasing the aforesaid Plot.   

VI)               That by virtue of the aforesaid Sale-Deed executed on 18-04-2011, between the Complainant /Buyer  and Seller, the Seller of the Plot has solemnly affirmed that the said Plot is free from all kind of encumbrances such as , Sale , Mortgage, Gift, Will, Line , Litigation  Disputes , Lease, Loan, Acquisition etc. It was also solemnly affirmed by the Seller of the Plot that any such disputes arising out of the said Plot shall be binding to him and the Seller of the said plot shall be solely responsible for the consequences arising therein.

VII)             That the Complainant / Buyer of the said plot was suddenly informed by one of its family relative on Telephone, that the said plot was illegally Encroached by one of the assailant on 31-03-2014. The said information was given to the Complainant / Buyer on 16-04-2014 around 1900 hrs. 

VIII)          That the Complainant / Buyer of the said plot was outraged and shocked to gather the information , related to his Plot which was  so capriciously been fenced with cement poles and wires by some Land grabber within the vicinity of the said plot.

IX)               That on receiving the information of such an illegal encroachment, on investigating the matter it was derived that Mr. _______________________________________________, residing at __________________________________________, has done the illegal encroachment.

PRAYER:

In view of the above facts and circumstances it is most respectfully prayed that

1)     Immediate cognizance to be taken against the Illegal encroacher of the said plot under section 341, 447, and 506 of The Indian Penal Code.

2)     Summon the TWO witnesses of the Plot and they be charged for the offence committed under section 418 of The Indian Penal Code.

3)     Summon the Seller of the plot and they be charged for the offence committed under section 420 of The Indian Penal Code.

4)     Summon to all involved and interested person in the dealing of the said plot and they be charged within the allied provisions of Fraudulent, Dishonesty and Cheating, as may deem fit and proper to you.  

Place: Amravati.

Date: _____________________                                                                                 Signature of Complainant / Buyer 

Copy Forwarded To:

1)     O/o Deputy Commissioner of Police Amravati Shri Sanjay Latkar - Amravati

2)     O/o Superintendent of Police   Dr. Suresh Kumar – Amravati 

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     17 April 2014

I think its ok...No necessity to metion the names of Police authorities..If you required any advocate at Amravati.. I can suggest
1 Like

Vikas Jain (Advocate)     17 April 2014

Dear Sonawane Sir, I shall be highly obliged if you can do that for me please. Regards Karan Adhikari

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register