LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Summersail (Service)     20 January 2014

Privacy breach by the bank by giving bank statement

I had a bank account with one of the reputed banks and it is deactivated by now due non usage.

Few days ago I saw my bank statement with someone who is challenging me in a diffrent legal case.

I am 100% sure that he got it from the bank with the help of internal refrences.

It is a privacy breach from bank towards my personal information.

as well as that person must have done something illegal to get my bank statement.

In this case please suggest what legal actions I can take against bank and that person.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 January 2014

The Bank can find out from its internal software/system that who on which date printed the a/c statement, and who collected it.

AS per guidelines issued by RBI, BCSBI, IBA bank is required to maintain secrecy and confidentiality, and you’re a/c statement can not be given to anyone other than you until or unless demanded by law enforcement agency or court of law.

You may without any hesitation demand from MD, BM of the bank that the statement dated........................printed up to the transactions in a/c dated is printed by whom on which date and supplied to whom?

If BM tells you even verbally the statement is printed by which branch then CCTV footage on the date of generation of the statement can also be demanded.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     21 January 2014

Whether that person has submitted the said Statement of Account in any Court Case or how would you claim your knowledge that he has a Statement of Account  of your Bank Account. 

The Bank cannot supply the Statement of Account to any other person without your consent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register