Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Munna Agarwal (self employed)     25 May 2010

Previous Employer refuses to issue the Relieving letter

Hi,

This is Venugopal, i have one of my friend worried about the relieving letter from his previous company which was not issued to him.

Due to some personal problems my friend had to forcefully leave the job without informing to the employer and after one year when he got a chance to approach to get a relieving letter from his previous employer then the HR professionals refused to provide him the letter. they say that the company policies have been changed and cannot issue a relieving letter at any cost.

My friend tried talking to the next level of HR team and tired to get some help in all the possible ways but it was of no use. Now he is facing a problem to get a new job becasue he does not have the Relieving letter from the previos employer.

It would defenitely of a great help. if, he can get best suggestions to get the letter from the employer.

please let us know your possible solutions.

Thanks,

Venugopal

Learning

5 Replies

venkatkrishna (AGM)     25 May 2010

Dear  Venugopal

Leaving  without informing  the employer  is a decease  prevailing in the society.  Employer  entrust the work with  faith and belief to the employee .  If  employee works  company/employer  will sustain,  if company / employer  sustain  employee  can sustain.   If  employee start ditching  employer,  where is the survival  of the  employee.

Advise your  friend not to play  such tricks  in future with any employer.  If  he does not like  the job,  ask him to separate  by following procedure,  which  is  safe and  secure for both employer and  employee.  

Your  friend  is supposed  to  handover  the  charge properly to the person nominated by the employer.  As per my understanding  based on your  writeup,  your friend  is  treated  by the employer as  un authorized absentee  and  absconded from duties  hence terminated  from  his services  after  following the   procedure.

There is no chance for your friend  for getting the  reliving  certificate.   If your friend is genuine  and  honest,  ask him to  tender   unconditional  apology  to the employer and   compensate  the employer  the  notice  period   and  to  make his request  for.  If  the file is closed  procedurally  by the employer,  you friend  can get nothing.  

Munna Agarwal (self employed)     25 May 2010

Thanks for your suggestions Venkat.

But my friend had to leave forcefully because of family compulsions by which the reason was genuine. he worked for the company sincerely for 2.5 years, was a very good performer infact his Project managers where ready to take him in again when he went to raise the relieving letter but the HR personnel did not allow so. He tried explaining everything to the HR, however they did not consider his reasons at all.

so as you said if the employer closes the file procedurely then my friend would not have any way out ??

venkatkrishna (AGM)     26 May 2010

Mr.Venugopal

I can suggest you  one  way  which is only  for  creating your record  and it may helpful  in future  to show   your  friends  genunity  to  new employer .

Ask  your friend  to write  a detailed letter   (  hope  you under stand)    to the  ex employer  accepting his mistake and  the reason for  sudden  leaving  and  ask him to  tender his appoligy and   to request  for  releaving  letter.

On receipt of your  friends  letter,  if the exemployer  may  or may not replly. If  replied  it can be  a  proof that  your  friend had worked there .     Let your  friend  try  by  shooting this  letter  then  see.

L.Chandra Mohan Reddy (Advocate)     28 May 2010

I have go throuh your mail and i am asking one quetion what is the family problem 

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     29 May 2010

Dear Venugopal,

Yes your friend has committed the blunder. He should have informed his employer about quiting the job within the prescribed time. Well, now only apologies can work. So ask your friend to visit the employer and give in writing his apologies and get the relieving ceriticate. If that too does not work, then look at the possibilities of serving a legal notice to the employer for issuing the relieving letter as that would be essential for your new job.

Wishing him good luck.

S C DANEJ

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register