LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Y Singh N Rajput (Management Consultant)     02 February 2020

Presumptioton of death -peran miossing for more thhen7 years

A person is missing foor more than 7 years- how can it may be declared that he is dead, Can court order is needded? If so then what is procedure?


 6 Replies

Shashi Dhara   02 February 2020

You must have file complaint in police station about missing if he is not found within reasonable time you may approach court to declare that missing is dead with relevant documents.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 February 2020

Yes.  File complaint in the police station concerned about missing of the person.   Then you may approach court to declare that missing is dead with a copy of the report of the police.

Y Singh N Rajput (Management Consultant)     03 February 2020

Cort dismissed this case .

Neel Nik   03 February 2020

Approach the high court

Shashi Dhara   03 February 2020

Complaint must 7 years old you cannot give complaint after seven years of police station and also you have published about missing in paper

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 February 2020

Did you lodge missing person FIR and newspaper publication 7 years before the date of approaching concerned Court to declare the person as "dead" u/s 108 of the Indian Evidence Act.?

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register