LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vanraj (tso)     20 October 2009

premarriage hidden facts divorce

hi my name is Vanraj ukre i got married in november 2008. After marriage i reallised that my wife is suffering from a conditions where one of her Breast is extremely small and can only be rectified surgically.The fact of this physical abnormity was hidden before marriage. After that now we are staying seperately for almost 6 months. Please guide i want divorce as i feel cheated and cannot continue with the relation

Learning

11 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     21 October 2009

Though supression of material fact leading to marriage is also an offense and definitely a cause for breaking the marriage but Hindu marriage is not a contract and generally it cannot be broken like other agreements so courts decline to provide reliefs in such matters as sought by you. You may try by filing a divorce petition with all documents.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     21 October 2009

Before marriage this deformity. After marriage another deformity. What will you do?

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     22 October 2009

Think again and even then if you found that her nature is not good and she is aggressive then you can go ahead and will get divorce.

Regards

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     24 October 2009

Easier said than done. 

Khaleel Ahmed (Legal Advisor)     24 October 2009

Repeated query.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     24 October 2009

What is the remedy when after the marriage a man becomes impotent or loses a limb? Divorce.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     06 November 2009

All the money spent by your parents in educating you seems to be wasted.  What is the use of education which does not broaden the mind,  enhance the vision and nurture humanity. You feel cheated. Now I ask you a question - is the marriage consumated . If the answer is yes, you have no other alternative than continueing the marriage. If the marriage is not consumated and you felt genuinely cheated then and only then think about divorce. You have no right to devastate a womens life because of your whims and passions. Think, what if this happened to your sister or daughter. If you judge others strictly, God will also judge you strictly.

1 Like

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     06 November 2009

If aesthetic sense is your priority, go to a surgeon. 

As Mr. Salvi says it appears that there is more in your mind than what meets the eye. 

avinash aggarwal (lawyer)     07 December 2009

marriage is a sacred act in hindu sanskriti, divorce be sought in rarest of rare case and not for some hidden fact  (even may be unknown in premarriage life) which does not practically effect the married life.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     07 December 2009

Human beings are not manufactured or produced in heavily computerised assembly line. No two humans even twins can be iddentical. Physical abnormality is not a big issue. The line adopted by you is cruelty. Well answered by the learned experts.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     08 December 2009

What happens if physical abnormality (read impotency) developes after marriage?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register