LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Precautionary measures in false DV case

What are the immediate precautionary measures taken by a husband to escape police arrest when a false DV case (and other related issues) filed by an abusive wife.


 6 Replies

NUT (Programmer)     17 August 2014

DV case is not a criminal one but the trial happens in criminal court . 

If your wife is abusive , you should have open the door's for divorce to her !!!.

find a good lawyer to counter your case,if allegations are fake apply for stay in Hcourt .

DV is favoured for woman ,so you will atleast end up giving her maintenance .Never loose the Hope Appear for once in three hearing, You are the better person to judge what is her problem . So guide your lawyer accordingly .

498A must be in making now ,so be ready for that .

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     17 August 2014

in dv cases arrest cannot done by the police if physical violence is not done upon the abusive wife , collect evidences for counter her allegations .
1 Like

rising up again (FFF)     17 August 2014

1. start collecting evidences. install cctv at home, use spy cams, record every fight / abuse from her, etc etc

2. remember - always be calm and composed - never never never loose your control. you cannot afford to show your anger. keep it for future purposes.

3. only a police complaint isnt that helpful for her. try making her go for a MLC too. when she doesnt' get anything in the MLC, it will help you. 

4. keep all recordings saved with you....these will really help. ensure that in every audio recording, you announce today's date so that the authenticity is recorded. 




1 Like


Approximately, how much money can one expect to go into this process keeping in view of 498A (if filed for anticipatory bail) and all other process, I mean for applying divorce based on the false DV and 498A and also, please let me know how much time period can I expect in this process.

Every common man wants to avoid Police, for this what precautions should one take.  Because there is a chance of calling to the police station as opposite party may bribe the police without filing FIR like drama etc.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     19 August 2014

Take help of an Expert local lawyer practicing in Criminal Court for filing an application before the Magistrate following ingredients of Sec.503 IPC as a preventive measure against possible mischief in the hands of your wife which you are apprehending just to follow the. English proverb PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2014

The DV case, if reported to have been filed on false allegations and grounds, can be challenged very well by drilling the witnesses support the false cause.   Meanwhile, if maintenance is also a subject, better deal with it carefully by not disclosing your actual income, let she find it out on her own or trough her own sources. About getting AB in 498A, it depends upon lawyer who you engage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads