Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nandagopal Rao (Retainer)     24 February 2012

Practicing as a lawyer

Sirs,

One Mr. X is granted Sanad by Andhra Pradesh State Bar Council.  Now Mr. X shifted his residence from that State to Karantaka State.  I understand that there was a rule to get such Sanad transferred from one State Bar Council to other State Bar Council through Bar Council of India.  But, I am told that now such rule is not applicable since Hon'ble Supreme Court of India has opined that a lawyer can practice anywhere in India without transferring the Sanad.  Kindly clarify on this and also please provide citation of any judgments in this regard.

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 February 2012

Yes Advocate can practice anywhere.  Just you enrol your name to local bar association where you want to practice.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 February 2012

And become the member of State welfare fund ,to avail the benefits

Nandagopal Rao (Retainer)     27 February 2012

Dear Adv. Rajeev, could you please support your answer with the recent decision?  Whether local Bar Council will ask for Sanad duly trasnferred into its State?

sunil kumar jaiswal (ALLAHABAD (U.P))     01 August 2012

I want to transfer my sanad of BAR COUNCIL OF ALLAHABAD to BAR COUNCIL OF MAHARASHTRA. So what ido 

sunil kumar jaiswal (ALLAHABAD (U.P))     01 August 2012

I want to transfer my sanad of BAR COUNCIL OF ALLAHABAD to BAR COUNCIL OF MAHARASHTRA. So what i do for transfer

Raja (XYZ)     05 January 2013

(1) you cant be a member of any assocation. you are only entitled to be a member of the state association wherein you are enrolled locally.

(2) to transfer your membership/enrollment apply to BCI-NewDelhi in the prescribed for with a no-objection from your state council and rs.775 as fees.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register