LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

law+anya (student)     28 June 2012

Practice in high court

Dear Sirs/Madams, I am pursuing LL.B 2nd year. I want to know that whether an LL.M course can help me to become an advocate of High Court. One of my friends said that an LL.M holder or Bar At Law holder is eligible for practicing directly in High Court. Is it true? Or do we need any experience or practice under a senior advocate for particular period of time for practicing before a High Court of A.P.? Please help me with your valuable replies.

Thanks & Regards,

M.Lavanya Reddy.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 June 2012

There is no compulsion to work under a senior. But enrolment in Bar council is essential. 

law+anya (student)     29 June 2012

Thankyou for your valuable information sir. But still do we need any recommendations from a senior advocate for doing practice in High Court with an LL.M?

law+anya (student)     29 June 2012

Thankyou for your valuable information sir. But still do we need any recommendations from a senior advocate for doing practice in High Court with an LL.M?Do we need any experience or knowledge other than academic knowledge in legal field?

Hemang (Advocate)     07 July 2012

To practice a profession of law, one is required to have a degree in law and registered with the Bar Council of the concerned State. There is no need to get further degree and it is never made mandatory to practice in the High Court. You are advised to make research from Advocates Act as also the Bar Council of India Act. There is no other restriction to practice in the High Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register