LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Chitnis (Chief Compliance Officer)     22 May 2012

Power of attorny

I am an NRI and wish to give POA to my father in law for giving my flat in Mumbai on Leave and licence .

I understand that the POA can be only given to blood relatives. If that option is not available to me what is the way out? Do I have to personally visit to execute the agreement?



Deepak C.


 2 Replies

Govind MNM (Legal Advisor)     22 May 2012

POA need not be given to a relative only.

It needs to be printed on the non judicial stamp paper of the country of your residence and should be sent to Indian embassy for verification after your signing and then you need to send it to India.

In India, it needs to be authenticated through notary public for POA holder. You need not come down to India personally for this matter.

Hope this clarifies your query.

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     22 May 2012

Is it not required to have the POA stamped as per state/Indian stamp act within X days of its arrival in India?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads