LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

supra (engineer)     25 October 2013

Power of attorney registration

I have notarized PowerOfAttonery in my sister's name on 500/- Stamp paper.

Now Bank offering loan, is asking me get POA registered implying it's required for collection of loan at disbursement and registering property after purchase by my sister in my lieu.

I would like to know few things:

1) Do I have to pay stamp duty on notarized POA. If yes than how much ?
2) What is the fee for getting Power Of Attorney registered.
3) Registrar office is asking for local address proof to register POA, which I don't have as I am temporarily residing at my sister place in Mumbai. I have address/ID proof of a different state.
4) What all documents are required at the time of registration and any witness also required ?

Please give your inputs for my queries. Really appreciate you all on helping me on this.

-Supra

Learning

2 Replies

Jitheeshkumar (project engineer)     28 October 2013

I booked one under construction apartment in Chennai. And the builder has the rights for power of attorney for the land.

I noticed that typographical error in survey no on the immediate mother document, but the patta no is correct.

The old mother documents all are perfect. What will happen for the power of attorney if the mother document rectified

K V Subba Rao (Not applicable)     19 December 2013

My son who is residing in Australia is buying an Apartment in Bangalore. He has executed one Power of Attorney appointing me (residing in Hyderabad) as Attorney Holder and written his Signature before the Vice Consul of Consulate General of India in Sydney. 

The Builder in Bangalore advised to get the PoA adjudicated

In this connection please advise---

(a)    Distinction between Adjudication and Validation

(b)   Whether Adjudication or Validation, whichever is required, has to be done in Karnataka where property being purchased is located or Andhra Pradesh where Attorney Holder is residing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register