LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Al (CEO)     24 February 2011

Power of attorney from NRI to Indian resident for rental

Hello Attorney,

Forst of all thanks a lot for creating such a forum.

I would like to ask a question. I am a Indian born USA citizen.  I have a rental property in India built in 1992. I used it for family reasons but for last two months I have put it on rent. I had given a power of attorney to Mrs ABC, my relative, to maintain property, get any documents from any agency related to property, collect rent, But I also added that he can not sell the property. I should have mentioned to deposit rent in my account but i didn't, may be my mistake if law allows to add such clause.

I am wondering if Mrs ABC could fradulently sell the property by creating another power of attorney and adding the clause to sell property and add my foto and copy of passport as they have all of such document, which i had given them.


Question: What legal action can I take so that it will forbade them to sell the property? I still want to have Mrs ABC the power of attorney i already gave, because i have no one else to rely on. Can I submit any paper work in relavant department where they can not transfer or register the property in anybody's name unless I am present?


Thanks a lot.




 2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 February 2011

If you are loosing trust on the person to whom you have executed  GPA imediately issue notice to  him by cancelling the GPA and issue paper publication also..  Even inspite of it GPA holder sells the property or misuse it it wont be binding on you.

R.venkatesh Naidu (.)     24 February 2011

you do immediately for cancellation of poa. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register