Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kannan (engineer)     01 November 2012

Power of attorney from abroad

Dear Sir,
I am currently in denmark and we have plan to buy a property in tamilnadu-rajapalayam.i wish to give power of attorney to my brother in law for purchasing.

can you please give me the procedure for giving the power of attorney and process and documents for adjucation and the form or format of power of attorney for purchasing to my mail id at rbkkannan@gmail.com

thanks in advance sir and seeking your valuable inputs as early as possible.

regards
r.kannan

Learning

4 Replies

jayakumar.R (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     03 November 2012

Mr.Kannan 

please prepare and take a print  out (in plain sheets) of  general power of attorney, and approach the indian (Indian Emphasy)  consul office at your area (Denmark) along with your pass port and all other valid proofs,with your passport size photo graph, sign the power of attorney before the consul officer and it should be attested by the concen officer, then you can send it to your power of attorney holder by post of courier to India (Rajapalayam), 

After receiving the cover your power agent should open tha cover, and prepare a covering letter to District Registrar and Affidavit for Adjudication and both should be signed by power agent and affidavit should be attest by Notary. After that Power agent visit the District Registrar office in your Place (Rajapalayam) along with two photo graphs and Address and I.D.Proof. and submit all the paper with the cover  received (within 15 days of receiving the cover) and pay Appropriate fee (Rs.105/-) stamp and registration fee under section 32 of Indian stamp Act 1899. The District registrar will verify all the papers and adjudicate the power of attorney .the adjudicated power of attorney is valid document for your registration and future acts.

reeti shah (lawyer)     11 November 2012

I am a USA citizen and would like to file a suit in Hon'ble High Court. Can I give Spaecial power of attorney to my mother who is also USA citizen? or is it mandatory to give power only to Indian Citizen? what is the format of the special power of attorney

surjit singh (Assistant)     17 November 2012

You can given power of attorney to your mother. This year in 2012 as regard giving Power of Attorney a landmark jugement has been given by the supreme court of India. You will get the judggement in the NET.

C Rajagopalan (retired)     07 January 2013

Dear Sir,

The documents can be presented before 120 days and not fifteen days as claimed by you.Please clarify whether it is enough if the POA is adjudicated which is less expensive compared to registration the fees for the later varies depending upon the relationship between the principal and agent. In tamilnadu if the relationship between the principal and agent is that of a relative as defined in the rules the registration fee s only Rs1000/ other wise it is Rs10000/. I understand with the adjudicated POA u can transact in real estate in india

C Rajagopalan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More