LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sweet Sweet   07 November 2023

Power of attorney from abroad

Hi.. A person owns a plot in Tamil Nadu, India. The registered property document has errors. He is the second owner. Patta is still in the name of first owner. Now he need to rectify the errors in his document and he is abroad now. Can he give power to his father-in-law who is in India from foreign country to take care of rectification deed on his behalf? Please share the procedure.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 November 2023

The recrtification deed can be executed by the vendor alone and not the buyer.

However during the process of the execution of rectification deed, your representative i.e., your father in law can be present to sign the papers as your power agent on your behalf.

Sweet Sweet   07 November 2023

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate  Thanks sir.. but the person is in abroad. May i know the procedure to give POA from abroad to my father in law who is in India.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2023

You can get the format of Power of attorney deed either by yourself by searching through google or engage the services of an advocate who will drafvft the POA deed on the basis of the information you may furnish and then get it attested either by a Notary public of country where you reside alternately you can get it attested by an official from indian consulate/Embassy.

Then send it by a sealed ciover to the power agent, who in turn will carry it with an applicaiton to concerned sub registrar for adjudicating the same 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register