Power of attorney and will valid or not

My grandmother owns a house and had done power of attorney and sale deed on my fathers name. My father have done a will to give that property to me on plain paper before death of my grand mother. My grand mother has died. My father is alive. can I go ahead and transfer property to my name. currently it shows on my grand mother name in sub registrar office.


In my view, you need to register the power of attorney and sale deed which your grandmother had done in your father's name.  Then the said property will be shown in your father's name.  Then you can transfer the said property in your name by a registered document to be signed by your father since your father is alive. Will will not help you to do the said thing, since it comes into picture only after death.  



Agreed with Adv. deepak's view above. Better to get the property transferred in your name while your father is alive.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x